Capturing my thoughts

Final Countdown!

yeah...It's the time of the year again! 3 more days before we bid farewell to 2004 and welcome 2005! It's the final countdown for the year...

Guess there'll be no plans to go anywhere in Singapore for countdown this year unlike the previous ones...I've been to Orchard, Changi Airport, Fullerton and Esplanade for various countdowns. It was fun and memorable but guess I'll not be following suit...haha, given the previous horrendous experience at Orchard during Christmas Eve. Arggh...indeed a waste of time! Whatever! I'll stay at home...hmm...wrong, I'll countdown at the cafe itself...think I should be working?

Christmas this year was expected - busy. This time around, the church had our Christmas held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. So unlike last year, while we're at church and up at the cafe where we're all busying preparing the 'Christmas' Specials', all of us were down at Kallang...queuing for hours... -sigh- the queuing hours seems to get longer and longer as members started to queue earlier n earlier. How challenging indeed.

Well, I guess I do enjoyed this Christmas season after all. Services - both main n JAMs were fantastic. Attendance for W01 - FINALLY - hit the highest attendance for the year with 23 students! It didn't hit my target of 30 though, but I thank God for those who had come. Imagined just the previous week when we hit our LOWEST of 12 students. God is truly a wonderful God! And the best is Soon Gek came! I've blogged an entry about her about months ago...so glad she came n enjoyed herself! Could see that happy face of hers as she alighted and waved back to us as the bus left...wah...God indeed answers prayers! Her father was there to fetch her and he's seem to be more opened! I was shocked to see him...to think that he actually forbid Soon Gek to come the previous time I invited her! Been praying for her since then...wow! I was so so so delighted to receive her mum's call that morning after service at SIS. It just opened a whole new hope in me and dawned on me that I should keep many others in prayer too, especially those who face opposition and even those who are hard-hearted. And believing in God that one day not too long from now, they'll be open to receive Him! Hallelujah!

..::Reflections::..

As 2004 come to an end, it's the time for me to flip open my Goal Card 2004 again...haha...how scary...and surprise surprise...Scary because I know I didn't fulfill some of my goals that I set. I do not know how many so that leads to many surprises as I began to go through the list one by one...

***********
First of all, I want to give God all the glory for my goals that I've achieved. Coz I know it's not by my might nor by my power but truly by His strength and Grace that He had carried me through the whole year. Great is the Lord and Most Worthy of Praise!

***********
Then I should thank ALL of my friends around me, there are so many of you...i dunno how to name all - in school, church, cell-group, ministry, whether you're in my friendster or my handphone memory, msn or icq. Thank You! Each and every unique one of you have been such a wonderful blessing in my life. Thank you for making my world colorful. Thank God for you!

For my close pri n sec school friends - Grace, Steven, Han Rong, Dawn, Yuying, Chong Siew, Wanru, Sihao and many others who have 'found' me again n made an effort to keep in touch each day.

For my poly friends - Lanny, Mardee, Marie, Weiqi, Jin Hao, Stephanie, Juliana and Keyi etc...Thank you for the wonderful friendship, girl talks and encouragements and advices.

How could I forget my wonderful W243 - Mervyn, Soo Chin, Karen, YK, Eerong, Alwyn, Jianxin, Dennis, Sze, Lime, Ben - thanks for loving so many animals...haha, from bears to penguins, to dogs n cats, rabbits n hamsters...what a wacky group of people! I won't forget all those times you've all caused me to laugh till i cramp...heh.

For my JAMs ministry - to ALL the teachers and workers, thank you for all your hardwork and love for the kids, especially for my bus...haha...and to the parents of my students, they're a blessing to me too. I feel so loved at each visitation. Thank You!

To CHCafe - Thank you for the delicious foodies...haha...oops, thank you for all the teamwork and laughters. What a great team we are! To Joanna, Jane, Joyce, Min and many others who taught me alot of things. Thank you for ur care and concern each time! And to some very polite customers...Thank You for making my day!

I couldn't have forget my family - my Dad for the yummy food u bring home and giving me the ride each time when I needed it. My mum, for all the wonderful financial blessings and all the other many things you've done. My sis Elyn and bro Eerong - thank you for the happy times and sad times...haha...for stretching me beyond my limits...and oh, my only 2 same age as me cousins - Ah Wee and Zhi Wei, its amazing when you always send messages to me out of the blue...we seldom see each other except for family events n we're not even as close compared to when we're younger but this keeping-in-touch relationship that we have made me feel like we're real close! Looking forward to see you guys!

***********

Woah, seems like I've thank the whole world...yeah, dunno why but I just want to post it all because 2004 is one year where I've made many new friends and found back many old friends. And also by the Asia Tsunamis tragedy happening in this part of our world. Haha...dunno what's my entry gotta do with it...but yeah, it's really saddening and it's just happened so close to us. Thank God for His protection on Singapore. We are so blessed! So wanna take this opportunity to say I love you all very much, every single one mentioned or not on the above!

Okie back to my SMARTER Goal 2004 proper...

WISDOM Goals
1. I fulfilled my goals in the area of my education - indeed I didn't score more than 2 Cs for 7 modules...God is good, I've got 2Cs, 2Bs, 1B+, 1A and a Distinction for the semester.

2. I didn't achieved my other two goals under the area of Reading and Finance...hmmph...will need to reflect for better management next year...

STATURE Goals
1. Health and Weight Loss - hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...what do you think....I must have failed badly.....serious reflection needed!!!

2. Leisure and Creativity - Hmmmph, I guess if it's upon 100, I scored only 30 bah...no time!!!

SPIRITUAL Goals
1. Bible Reading - I'm halfway only...to finish the whole book...wasn't that consistent in one period of time so I couldn't catch up since...

2. Daily Devotion - Fluctuating I guess...but as church teaches us more about the Holy Spirit during the Emerge II conference...it's quality that matters, so I'm lovin' it...each time!

3. Church Ministry - Yes, it's growing but at a minimal scale...greater growth in 2005!

4. Soul-winning - 2004 has been the year where I managed to bring many friends down to church...but it's not enough...I'm still too complacent! It must be MY lifestyle!


11:02 PM